Istanbul & Western Turkey
Istanbul is spread over an area of 7,500 km2 and one of the most crowded metropolitan cities in the world with 18 million inhabitants. Despite the wide and dense public transportation network throughout Istanbul, there is huge traffic jam due to 4 million registered vehicles.
At the end of 2018, there were around 1,200 EV registered in Istanbul, expected to reach 2,000 at the end of 2019 and 30,000 at the end of the project. Recently an EV sharing system is available with 30 cars in Istanbul. New regulation requires that 2 out of 50 parking should offer charging stations. ZES operates 10 fast charging stations and plans to install such stations at 200 different locations by the end of 2019.
Partners involved: ZES, ABB
Current problems related to charging in the area
- Services are not interoperable
- Difficulties on finding suitable places for DC charging
- Charging stations are not efficiently used
- There is no payment system
Short description of planned demonstrations
- User-friendly charging stations for passenger vehicles and L3e vehicles by ABB
- ISO 15118 Plug & Charge feature will be implemented in the ZES back-end
- Enhanced route planners
- Enhanced booking service
- Enhanced information provision during charging